[duxuser] Re: The feel of Braille dots

  • From: Elizabeth Slaughter <manutips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 14:35:58 -0500

hi,

both my husband and i are blind. we use duxbury 11.3 on our windows ten, lenovo laptop with jaws 17, plus duxbury's freeware graphics program, quicktac and openbook.

we are having problems configuring our braille blazer to our laptop since a big microsoft update last weekend wiped out our settings and reverted many settings on our entire computer to factory default.

would someone please, please, please, give us step by step instructions how to again, connect our braille blazer to our computer to emboss in duxbury?

also, would we have to go through a separate configuration process for quicktac and openbook?

if you need additional information to help, please e-mail me.

thanks in advance,

elizabeth

manutips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 9/28/2016 2:08 PM, Denise Ferrin wrote:

I have two embossers.

I use the Juliet for materials that are "text only." It has nice, rounded dots.

I use the ViewPlus (a.k.a. Tiger Max) for pages with graphics or mixed forms.

So far my students don't mind. I think it is good for them to feel different types of dots, because books from other sources may feel different than they do from our embossers.

Denise Ferrin

Calaveras County

(yes, we do jump frogs here)