[duxuser] Re: Swift and Office Word2007?

  • From: "Dale Leavens" <dleavens@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 11:26:38 -0400

Thanks George and Karen,

this new lay-out in Office and in Vista generally is taking some getting used
to. For some reason the arrow keys aren't always moving me through the ribbon
choices but I have discovered that some of the problem is my general
impatience. If I wait for a couple of seconds after hitting an arrow the focus
does seem to change more often than not but for the first few days I just
thought either Jaws or me were broken, hitting an arrow key caused silence so I
would try a tab key with silence. I suspect though it would have been a very
long time before I looked in the New submenu for the Braille option.

Karen, I have been to your site and will be back soon, typically, I opened the
PDF to read about setting up Office to better accommodate screen readers then
Adobe needed me to set up the Adobe reader then Adobe wanted me to download an
update and so the story goes. Seems at work too, every time I need to open
something someone has decided I really need to know I get into one of those
wrangling matches with Adobe. Now my job requires I be in certain places at
particular times running to an appointment book and other schedules. This sort
of Convenience" might impress the technogeeks but for those of us who actually
do stuff there is nothing convenient about it. Waiting while "Processing
document your assistive technology will not work" or what ever in order to
absorb something or scan minutes between patients and one of those crucial
strategic planning meetings gets right up my nose!

Anyway, hopefully it is all up to date and my next visit will be more
productive.

Again much thanks.