[duxuser] Tiger.ini file missing?

  • From: "Nancy Roberts" <rynnac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 00:38:00 -0600

We just updated our computer(s), AND updated to Duxbury 10.7 and are having
problems getting *anything* to emboss now.  I can't figure out if it is
because I loaded the embosser drivers after loading Duxbury or ???

I was finally able today to emboss from the tiger software suite, but still
unable to emboss from Duxbury.  I get an error saying that it unable to
locate the Tiger.ini file (or that it is missing) and that I will have to
set up the interpoint and ink settings myself in the printer configuration
file (sorry if this is not totally correct as it is about 7 hours later and
I'm trying to remember).  Then when I click on "ok" for that error message
it comes up with another box that says something about error, document did
not emboss or something of the like, but then the Tiger ProInk starts making
all manner of noise and spits out a sheet that actually has the ink part of
the job on it, but no embossing.  It actually doesn't sound quite as loud as
when it is really emobossing, but almost. <grin>

So, I am not sure why the tiger.ini file is not created or where it should
be, I tried looking in the Duxbury help files and didn't get very far.  I
have printed out the manual but thought I'd ask some of the list experts and
find out if perhaps I should reinstall Duxbury now that the Tiger drivers
are installed or if I have to creat the tiger.ini file (seems a bit archaic
especially since 10.7 said it supports the tiger) or ??

Cheers,

Nancy in Utah
nancy.roberts@xxxxxxx