[duxuser] Re: Sending scanned material to Duxbury

  • From: "Robert Jaquiss" <rjaquiss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 23:33:39 -0500

Hello Bertha:

     When using the Save-As option, you will be given a chance to save in .kes
format. Make sure you have the keyboard enabled and not just the keypad. To
start the process assuming that you have scanned a page do the following:
1. press <alt>-f to bring up the file menu.
2. Press the down arrow until you hear "save-as"
3. Press enter
4. You will be given a file name. Press the <end> key and backspace untill all
the name is erased. Then type the full path for the name such as c:\demo This
is critical otherwise your file will be very deep in the directory structure
and hard to find.
5. press the <tab> key. This gets you to the list of possible formats.
6. Press the down-arrow until you hear the format you want.
7. Press <tab> to go to the SAVE button and press enter.

Your file will then be saved. If you have opened a large file such as a book,
this can take a few minutes. K1000 will usually tell you when the saving is
done.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Robert Jaquiss