[duxuser] Re: Reverse Translation?

  • From: WarrenDFig@xxxxxxx
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 07:31:16 EST

In a message dated 1/16/2004 5:00:02 PM Central Standard Time,
pann1@xxxxxxxxx writes:
But I think we're breaking the rule of what a "specialized format" is.  A
specialized format is braille, not text.  For this reason, I think it's a
no-no to back-translate a web braille book.
"(3) 'specialized formats' means braille, audio, or digital text which is
exclusively for use by blind or other persons with disabilities.".
See http://www.loc.gov/nls/reference/factsheets/copyright.html for more
information about the Chafee amendment that applies to U.S. copyright issues.
Large print is not covered in this amendment.
For Australian provisions see
http://www.copyright.com.au/institutions_assisting_print.htm
For Canadian provision see
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/c-42/37956.html