[duxuser] Re: Converting PDF to Braille?

  • From: "Dave Durber" <d.durber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 14:36:14 -0400

Thomas:

Many producers of PDF documents, add layers of protection, to prevent you from
saving their PDF documents to other formats, in order to protect their
copyright materials and to stop pirate copying.

In that case, the only way, if the producers of the PDF material allow you to
do so, would be to print the document and then scan the resulting hardcopy,
using OCR software, convert the file to Word format, for example, then import
the .doc file into DBT.

Not environmentally-friendly but, needs must when the devil drives.

sincerely:

Dave Durber