[duxuser] Re: Converting PDF to Braille?

  • From: "Don Moore" <don.moore48@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 12:16:27 -0400

It's convertible.  Thanks.
----- Original Message -----
From: George Bell
To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2009 12:06 PM
Subject: [duxuser] Re: Converting PDF to Braille?

Hi Don,

There's no PDF direct to DBT yet, but if you have the latest version of Adobe
Reader, you "MAY" be able to use Save As Text or HTML.

I emphasise "MAY" because not all PDFs can be saved in this way.  Sometime you
can be really unlucky and find they are simply scanned images - although to a
sighted person, they appear as text.

I'm sure others will weigh in with their favourite PDF conversion sledge
hammers, but who knows, you may just get lucky with the above.

George.