[duxuser] Braille paper

  • From: Jalnan@xxxxxxx
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 18:12:32 EDT

Sorry about that!  I do not know why that happened.  I do highly
apologize....yikes.  Ok...what I TRIED to send.

I should clarify the problem I am encountering.  I am attempting to change a
web-braille book to grade 2 and then emboss it.  The problem I am
encountering is not that I am getting too few lines per page but the page
WIDTH is the problem.  The web-braille book was setup originally for I
believe 40 cells per line.  Howevet, the page width of the paper they have at
the college is set for 30 cells per page.  Henceforth, the extra ten cells
per line are getting bumped to new lines and then the extra 20 cells are left
blank then the next line proceeds.  So, the whole document is this way.  I do
not know how to correct this problem as the braille paper cannot be changed
to a bigger size.  I hope I do not have to mannually fix this by deleting the
twenty blank spaces per line.  There are over 360 pages in the document in
grade 2.  Imagine when I change it to grade 1!  YIKES.  Also, some lines are
cut off short and then the next line continues with the sentence.  This gets
confusing when I come across what people had said.  It is hard to figure out
when this happens if the author intended what someone said to be part of the
proceeding paragraph or a new one.  She switches between the two.  (I have
the hard copy braille version from the NLS).  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.  I am very eager to give my student something fun to read.

I hope this is much easier to understand and I am sorry for that wake up
call.

Jamie