[duxhelp] Re: insert/overwrite keyboard modes

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 22:31:07 +0100

Bit off topic for Beta list, Dave, but I'll simply say that
you are looking at the wrong equipment, and/or have been
given some rotten advice about moving the sensors.

Go for Bowe cutters.

Durber
> Sent: 03 June 2005 22:24
> To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [duxhelp] Re: insert/overwrite keyboard modes
>
> Hello George:
>
> Pat's forms cutter has a bar between the tractor rollers
that
> has a micro-switch on it, that lifts up when the end of
the
> last sheet in a box of paper passes, thus stopping the
> forms-cutting process.
>
> Most of the form cutters and bursters on the market use a
> light detection system.  so, you have a light on one half
of
> the tractor feeder and a light detector on the other half
and
> the paper slides through between them.  The forms-cutting
> process continues as long as the light is not detected by
the
> light detector.  The other point to mention, is that most
of
> these light detection systems tend to be built into the
right
> hand tractor and because the manufacturers of these forms
> cutting and bursting machines do not make provision for
the
> placement of either the light or the light detector in the

> left hand tractor feeder, there is no possibility of
changing
> the configuration.
>
> The problem arises when you are using paper that has been
> pre-punched down one side with wholes for a binder to be
inserted.

> So, let's say that you have embossed a box of a thousand
> sheets of paper and you now want to forms cut, or burst
them apart.

> You would think that you would put the pin-feed wholes of
the
> last sheet of the box of paper on the pins of the tractor
> feeders with the binding wholes on the left side, would't
> you.  But, when you do this, the file ends up being
collated
> backwards.  So, in order to collate the file the right
way,
> you have to take the top sheet of the top of the pile and
> place it on the table and repeat the process until the
order
> of the pages run in ascending order.
>
> Now, if you were able to put the last sheet of paper on
the
> tractor feeders with the binding wholes on the right side
> instead, the sheets of paper would be stacked and collated
in
> the correct order.  However, when you try to do this, the
> light flashes through the passing binding wholes and is
> therefore detected by the light detector.  The forms
cutter
> or burster will either stop immediately or, it will finish

> forms cutting or bursting the first sheet and will then
stop
> because the light has been detected by the light detector.
>
> In summing up, by including a function that would emboss
the
> file from back-to-front, the file would be collated in the

> right order when the stack of paper is either forms cut or

> burst when the paper is put onto the tractor feeders with
the
> binding wholes on the left hand side.
>
> Sincerely:
>
> Dave Durber
>
> On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 20:15:39 +0100, you wrote:
>
> >Hi Dave,
> >
> >Re your comment:-
> >
> >> the ability to emboss files from back-to-front to take
> into account
> >> those people who use forms cutters and bursters, would
be
> some of the
> >> basic functions that must
> >be
> >> included in the new program.
> >
> >People also need to learn how to use their forms cutters
and
> bursters
> >properly.
> >
> >Can you imagine Pat next door trying to turn one of his 3
foot high
> >bins of output upside down?  I think not!
> >
> >George.
> >* * *
> >* This message is via list duxhelp at freelists.org.
> >* To unsubscribe, send a blank message with
> >*   unsubscribe
> >* as the subject to <duxhelp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. You
may also
> >* subscribe, unsubscribe, and set vacation mode and other

> subscription
> >* options by visiting //www.freelists.org.  The list
archive
http://www.duxburysystems.com