[duxhelp] Re: insert/overwrite keyboard modes

  • From: Dave Durber <dadurber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 13:16:18 -0400

Hello sean:

It is one of many important basic functions that is missing from DBT.

I hope that when they sit down to write the new braille transcription
software, they write the code for the most basic, fundamental
functions to be included in the program before worrying about the more
complicated functions.

It is all very well showing off how you can put all of the complicated
things in a program and at the same time leaving out fundamental
functions that allow you to perform the complicated things.

Some of the functions to be improved or included are: making sure that
the <CTRL+PGUP>, move the cursor to the top of the current or previous
page and the <CTRL+PGDN> move the cursor to the top of the next page,
work as they do in other word processors, which they do not do
correctly in DBT at present; insert/overite; the Windows "undo"
command, the ability to emboss files from back-to-front to take into
account those people who use forms cutters and bursters, would be some
of the basic functions that must be included in the new program.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber