[duxhelp] Re: UK Rules & Numbers

  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 21:08:08 +0100

Peter,

I fear that one of these days, we are just going to have to
face the fact that users will have to be faced with a parser
module, rather like a spelling and grammar checker.  They
are going to hate it!

"This looks a series of telephone numbers.  Do you want to
strip them out according to BANA's or BAUK's rule bla bla?"

"This looks like an e-mail address. Do you wish it to be in
Grade 1, or Computer Braille?  Oh, and BAUK rules say your
choice must apply to the whole document."

"Oops, in your previous answer, you asked for Grade 1, but
some of your e-mail and web addresses include invalid
characters for Grade 1 braille such as underscores.  Shall
we start again?"

"Oh yes, and while we are at it, your [sk30] code appears to
be invalid for the length of paper you say you have".

And these committees say that computers should bend to
braille rules?