[dungeoncrawl] Some definites

  • From: Johnathan Detrick <jdetrick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Riders II <dungeoncrawl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 14:02:34 -0400

Guys,
    Can we try and nail down a few of the definites?  Just so everyone
knows, all deities currently have a ranking of 0-21.  Here's what they
mean:
    0:  Quasi-deity.  These aren't really deities, just mortals of
incredible power.  Or, they can have a deity as a parent (like the
Hercules of legend).
    1-5:  Demigods
    6-10:  Lesser Deities
    11-15:  Intermediate Deities
    16-20:  Greater Deities
    21+:  These are overpowers, like Ao.  None of our characters would
be of this power level.

Please respond to the following.  I'm hoping everyone will jump in with
some ideas and suggestions.  This is very basic, and taken from e-mails
that have been sent.

Carpathia:  Intermediate God of Death and Mercy; Judge of the Dead (12)
Gadget:  Greater God of Laws and Security (18)
Karvas:  Greater God of Torture and Suffering (19)
Nelik:  Greater God of Halflings, Mischief, Stealth and Subterfuge (16)
Sir Baran:  Demigod of Paladins (5)
Saurote:  Intermediate God of Travel and Athletics (11)
Ambrosia:  Intermediate Goddess of Freedom, Independence, Romance,
Passion and Creativity (11)
Escrima:  Intermediate Goddess of Winter, Loneliness and Secrets (12)
Dennis:  Greater Power of History, Literature, the Arts and Culture (20)

Baish:  Greater Power of Gladiators and Axes (I have no idea; Damon
hasn't mentioned much.  I was thinking he could be our war god, but
that's somewhat dull.  I'm sure Damon can come up with something
better.) (16)
Quasit:  Greater power of Bad Sun-burns and Low Rolls (17)  (Again, he
hasn't been mentioned much.  I'm thinking that Damon has a better idea.
I was thinking of Quasit as a God of Strategy, Forethought and
Planning.)
Faceous:  Greater God of Justice and Redemption (16)
Magnus:  Greater God of Ambition, Power and Chaos (19)
Zolkiir:  Intermediate God of Invention, Technology and Knowledge (11)

    I made a lot of Greater Gods, which we may want to drop.  However,
Jim's point is well taken.  These people should have the best chance at
the powerful god positions.  I don't see any other Greater Powers
arriving.  I didn't do the NPCs.  I thought I would wait and see if
anyone responded to this first.