[dungeoncrawl] John's characters

  • From: Johnathan Detrick <jdetrick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Riders II <dungeoncrawl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 16:26:39 -0400

    Here's where my characters are and how I see this affecting them:

Angelo:  I don't see him wanting to be a deity, but I don't care.  I can
see Baish arguing for him to be included, and Faceous would back that,
because he likes his ethos.  However, I would rather have Angelo moved
to that world as a mortal, where he would start some monasteries devoted
to Baish.  I love the concept of a lawful good monastery devoted to the
chaotic neutral god!  :)  If he would become a god, I see him being the
god of servants, subservience, humility and discipline.

Brombith:  No affect.  I don't want him on the planet, or as a deity.

Cullen/Whilce:  They will both become gods, yet keep their place with
the Sigil.  :)  Obviously, these guys are unaffected.

D'Alleva:  Damon had mentioned about these characters being involved,
since it was their homeworld that was transformed to this new plane.
However, D'Alleva as a god offers nothing new.  She would simply end up
being the Red Knight.  While I can play that, I'm not sure its worth our
time, although it is an interesting portfolio.  If the other characters,
like Marcus, moved to that world as a deity, it could be interesting
because of their relationships.  However, it doesn't thrill me.

Faceous:  Definite deity.  I see him as the God of Justice and
Redemption.

Gammenon:  He has no interest in being a deity, and I don't care if he
does.  But he could be an interesting evil god, if we find we need
more.  The biggest problem would be using him and Talon; do they overlap
too much?  My gut feeling is yes, so I would leave Gammenon where he is.

Gavin:  Yeesh, I don't think the 17 year old should be a god.  I
wouldn't really consider him.

Ilana:  I like her where she is.  Although, it might be nice to have a
pacifist god, which we currently don't have.  Her name could be brought
up by Saurotte...she is enough of a contrast to have something new to
bring to the table.  I don't seriously consider her, but she has more to
bring than some other characters.

Magnus:  Oh yeah!  I see him as the God of Ambition, Power, Ruthlessness
and Chaos.  And shiny metal helmets.  :)  I don't want his portfolio to
become too dark though.  I was also thinking of making him the patron
god of adventurers.  I'm open to suggestions here.  We could go many
different ways with him.

Nadan:  Here's the big question.  He doesn't want to be a deity, and I
don't want him to be one.  However, do we want a character of his power
level running around playable?  Or do we want to get him out of the way
so he isn't a problem in the future?  Ideas?  Suggestions?

Quent:  It was in thinking of Quent last night on my way home that I
began to see the possibilities of allowing in other characters as
deities.  We have no real demihumans in the core group.  While I have no
interest in creating full fledged pantheons for the demi-humans, they
should have at least one or two of their own.  We do have a few gnomes
in the group, and I was thinking that Quent could be added.  He was a
Rider for quite some time, and he certainly fought and bled for the
group.  He might make a very interesting lesser power.  I see him as a
God of games and cheating.  He'd be a mischievous god that was always
getting into trouble.  He'd be perfect for starting problems in the
world without meaning to.  I hate to see him deified, but I think the
benefits might be worth it.

Quincy:  I see no reason why he would be a deity.  He has nothing unique
to offer.

Sorrell:  I can see her as a deity, but I'm again unsure if she brings
anything unique to the table.  However, it might be nice to move the
Guild Vagabond to that world, and maybe give them a nice castle or
something.  But that's just me liking the characters.  :)

Thaylone:  Same as Sorrell.  Do we need him?

Zolkiir:  Definite god.  But not of magic.  I see Zolkiir as the God of
invention and knowledge.  Kind of a cross between Gond and Oghma.

    So that's where I see my characters now.  Some of this could change
as we figure out the world and role-play stuff.  Does this make sense?