[drivingpairs] Harness for VSE pair?

  • From: Mike & Marjean McIntyre <Tenpenny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "INTERNET:drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 13:30:52 -0500

Something I think would be very economical and fairly easy is to use is o=
ne
of the vicroy kind of vehicles that are used by saddlebreds I think for t=
he
show ring.  There are tons of them around pretty cheap.  Several years ag=
when I went to Yellowframe, during the week leading up to the event, we
would go out driving on the preserve and every morning we encountered two=

older women, one driving a single mini, the other a pair put to one of
those vicroy's she had obviously had had a pole made for.  They were goin=
cross country through the woods and sand, and it appeared to be holding u=
fine and they were having an absolute ball.  They are very light weight. =

As far as the harness,  I know what you like about the Smuckers, but
speaking from the standpoint of a brief period of time driving a pair of
small ponies, I would REALLY suggest you go with something beta like and
stainless.  Camptown Harness now has a mini person handling all the mini
orders and they make a very nice harness at a reasonable price.  You migh=
also consider a Beta-Bi made by Claudette at Country Carriages.  I saw on=
of those last fall and was really impressed with how much it looked like =
leather harness. =

Good luck and have a ball. =

Marjean =