[dokuwiki] Re: wiki farm

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 23:33:07 +0200

On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 22:36:56 +0200
Guy Brand <gb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 23 August at 14:29, Andreas Gohr wrote:
>
> >> Just to point out for those interested -- there are over 50
> >> references to realpath in define statements throughout the
> >> DokuWiki code.  This leaves me wondering ... if instead, DokuWiki
> >> included a custom realpath that did NOT resolve symlinks, I
> >> believe this would allow DokuWiki to work in both standard (no
> >> symlink) or wiki farm (symlink) environments.
> >
> > This is exactly what I was thinking about since your first mail :-)
> > A patch would be welcome.
>
>   Attached patch is an attempt to remove realpath() calls. I'm using
>   it for the farm patch since a few days, without regression. Test
>   unit also ran successfully.

Well, I'd prefer to continue creating the path based on the file the
call occurs in (__FILE__) not the running script (SCRIPT_FILENAME)
because the latter is not always known. I think replacing all realpath
calls with a simple replacement like [1] should work and make the whole
thing symlink compatible.

[1] http://de3.php.net/manual/en/function.realpath.php#75992

http://www.splitbrain.org