[dokuwiki] Re: wiki farm

  • From: Jason Keltz <jas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 09:55:29 -0400

On 08/23/07 08:29, Andreas Gohr wrote:
Jason Keltz writes:

Just to point out for those interested -- there are over 50 references to realpath in define statements throughout the DokuWiki code. This leaves me wondering ... if instead, DokuWiki included a custom realpath that did NOT resolve symlinks, I believe this would allow DokuWiki to work in both standard (no symlink) or wiki farm (symlink) environments.

This is exactly what I was thinking about since your first mail :-) A patch would be welcome.

Uh oh. It looks like plugins account for many realpath references as well... (they all start by getting DOKU_INC)... would all plugins need to be patched as well? yipes.

if(!defined('DOKU_INC')) define('DOKU_INC',realpath(dirname(__FILE__).'/../../../').'/');

Can you simply just remove the "realpath" reference altogether from all of these declarations?

How can patches be submitted if I don't have darcs... can I just submit a standard Unix "patch" file to you?

Thanks,

jas.