[dokuwiki] Re: separate cookies for multiple wikis on the same site

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 19:34:39 +0200

Hi

> But $conf['title'] itself isn't so reliable ... people might not
> bother to change the title at all,

Well people who don't bother to change a simple config option aren't entitled
to submit bugs anyway ;-)

> or might happen to use the same title!

Okay, could you explain why I would like to have two or more wikis with the
same title?

> It's basically user-level data, and should not be used for
> internals. Why is PHP_SELF not reliable? I havn't worked on
> platforms other than Apache on Linux ... is it likely to behave
> differently on other platforms?

There were cases were this var wasn't set correctly or not at all on some weird
setups (other webservers with PHP as CGI if I remember correctly)

But I'm open for discussion. Should we use eg. __FILE__ to identify the Wiki
instance instead of $conf['title']? What are advantages/disadvantages?