[dokuwiki] Re: separate cookies for multiple wikis on the same site

  • From: "Sameer D. Sahasrabuddhe" <sameerds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 09:16:10 +0530

On Sun, Jun 26, 2005 at 08:45:05PM +0200, Andreas Gohr wrote:

> I fixed this and also changed the code to use $conf['title'] for the
> MD5 sum. $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] is not very reliable on certain setups
> and $conf['title'] is already used in other places (session data) to
> keep different installations apart.

But $conf['title'] itself isn't so reliable ... people might not
bother to change the title at all, or might happen to use the same
title! It's basically user-level data, and should not be used for
internals. Why is PHP_SELF not reliable? I havn't worked on
platforms other than Apache on Linux ... is it likely to behave
differently on other platforms? At least the PHP documentation doesn't
mention that anywhere.

Research Scholar, KReSIT, IIT Bombay