[dokuwiki] Re: invalid anchors

  • From: Chris Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 00:41:00 +0000

Anika Henke wrote:

Andreas Gohr wrote:
On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 19:23:54 +0000
Chris Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I though about it some time ago. I think it should work like this. When the same headline is used multiple times then I'd like the following ids:

headline
headline1
headline2

This makes sure headlines and ids still match in most cases and existing
links do not break. As long as the headlines are not duplicated in one
document you can move them around and change their level without
breaking any links.

Why do you only want to change the ids and not the names? By not changing the names, existing links are already broken! (Eg. with headlines "test" and "test" again, the link to the second anchor is definitly broken, because links to both anchors refer both to the first one found in the document.)

Are names necessary? id performs the same function now and is valid on any element (although to support IE, its probably best to leave the ids on the anchors -- IE doesn't properly alter focus for intra-document navigation to some elements, although the displayed portion of the page does change correctly).

Cheers,

Chris