[dokuwiki] invalid anchors

  • From: Anika Henke <a.c.henke@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 19:59:57 +0100

Hallo list!

I came across a certain problem with html anchors:

Each "name" and "id" attribute is generated out of each headline. But names/ids must not begin with a digit! All other forbidden characters are caught with the help of cleanID().

The question is: What should be done? Should the digits just be omitted? Or should those anchors have a certain letter prefixed? ('x'? Or 'n'?)

It's also a question of usability. It could confuse users to see an anchor "ways_to_do_it_better", whereas the headline clearly reads "3 ways to do it better" ... Okay, bad example. But I bet you can imagine worse scenarios ...

But then again ... they're just anchors, and not that important ...!?