[dokuwiki] Re: "doodle" is a trademark and shouldn't be used in plugins

  • From: "Robert R." <wiki@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 14:51:39 +0200

On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 01:51:28 +0200, Michael Hamann <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

as a DokuWiki user in the IRC has just me made aware of, "doodle" is a
trademark and the terms of service (http://doodle.com/about/tos.html)
state:

"You are not entitled to use Doodle’s trademarks (especially DOODLE),
trade names, brands, domain names, or other distinctive brand features."

Hello, I am the author of the "doodle2" / Doodle Version 2.0 plugin.

Personally I think that "doodle" is such a widely known word, that it cannot be trademarked. (Same as the air and water cannot be trademarked ... at least not yet?! :-) but of course, I have to admit that even that is a widely discussed topic in jurisprudence.

But of course, to show some good will, I'll gladly rename the plugin to anything you like. I'd suggest: "VotePlugin 2.0"

Yours,
  Robert

P.S.: Isn't the word "wiki" also trademarked by someone? ... just kidding