[dokuwiki] Re: Strange attack on the wiki

  • From: "Oliver Schulze L." <oliver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 01:51:46 -0400

Hi Terrence,
yes, is the same as using a .htaccess, the difference is that having many .htaccess
files makes your apache server a little litle more slow.

Just write this in bin/.htaccess
Order deny,allow
Deny from all

BTW, I just tested the exploit and it does not work when having the
safe_mode and open_basedir options enabled in php.

HTH
Oliver

Terence J. Grant wrote:
Also, I noticed this comment in Oliver's quote of the exploit:

(but you could do the same
uploading some file in /data/media folder through /lib/exe/media.php...,
I choosed the first solution)

Would there be a similar .htaccess for this? (In other words, where would it be put?)

-- Oliver Schulze L. Get my e-mail after a captcha test in: http://tinymailto.com/oliver