[dokuwiki] Re: Remote Desktop WAS Re: IE

  • From: Myron Turner <turnermm02@xxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 07:12:38 -0500

Bob McConnell wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: dokuwiki-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dokuwiki-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Lothar Speil
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2007 5:39 AM
To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [dokuwiki] Re: Remote Desktop WAS Re: IE

If the OS of your testing machine is Windows XP you could use the remote desktop connection (it's a little bit hidden among the "accessories" in the
start menu, for Windows 2000 is a client available too and an updated
version is available via windows update). That could help your old knees a
little bit.

Lothar

As an alternative, you might look at TightVNC. I use it through an SSH
tunnel to work from home occasionally.

Bob McConnell
Thank you for the tip about TightVNC. I installed it and it works extremely well, and is a significant improvement over what I remember of the original VNC, which I used to use occasionally between Windows 2000 and Linux.

Remote Desktop wouldn't work for me because you can only set up a Windows 2000 machine as a client, and I want to access 2000 from a client XP.

Thanks again,

Myron