[dokuwiki] Re: Media manager mockups

  • From: Anika Henke <anika@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 10:28:37 +0100

Hi,

On 09/05/2011 18:20, Håkan Sandell wrote:
I agree that the first is better than the others but I have some
comments and questions.

I also like the first one best.

I agree with most of your points, except:

2. A horizontal bar between different data/objects/files would be nice

Too many bars can get really ugly. This is often the "non-designer" approach of seperating things. It could be okay, but we at least should be aware of the fact that this design element shouldn't be over-used. And there are many lines already...
I like what we have now: zebra striped rows. This makes it less intrusive.

But in the end, this is just a design decision which doesn't need to be done right now. (We're after all only in the mockup stage.) The main point is, different rows need to be distinguishable.

7. Maybe the namespace/folder metaphor would be easier to understand
if the +/- were exchanged to folder pics.

I would leave it like it is, because this is the DokuWiki way of currently showing namespaces and pages. If we are going to change this, it should be changed in the core for *all* namespace trees (including sitemap and acl manager ) so that it's *consistent*.

Cheers,
Anika