[dokuwiki] Re: Is there a new release coming?

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 14:15:54 +0200

<snip many more good info>

I am not aware of any change list outside of the darcs patch list. Obviously it is extremely comprehensive. I am not sure if it is viewable at splitbrain.org.

Yes, http://dev.splitbrain.org/darcs/index.cgi/dokuwiki for browsing and http://dev.splitbrain.org/darcs/index.cgi/dokuwiki/?c=patches for patches (long page!).

Guy, Chris, thanks for answering that questions :-) Couldn't have done it better.

About the changes. Shortly before a release I usally prepare a summarized changelog at http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:changes listing only the more important changes from the darcs log.

About the release: I think we're pretty close now. What I'd like to before the release is listed at http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:todo

That's currently three major things:

- I need to have a look at the new changelog code added yesterday and will probably have a few remarks

- I'd like to recheck if we use the new metarenderer generated data everywhere, where it makes sense

- We should check if we can fix some of the open bugs

The first one is obviously my task. For the other two I'd gladly accept your help :-)

BTW. The DNS switch is done and the new Server is ordered but not available yet. I expect it next week and will then install OS and software, so we should probably have a new blazing fast Wiki in two weeks (maybe earlier). So a good release date could be somewhen in the last weeks of September.