[dokuwiki] Re: Is there a new release coming?

  • From: Chris Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 22:02:47 +0100

Bob McConnell wrote:

A month ago there was some discussion about creating a new release
before there were so many changes that an update would be unmanageable.
Is this still in the works, or has it been completely derailed?

Is there a comprehensive change list available for all updates since the
2006-03-09 release? We need to begin planning an update to the Dokuwiki
code supporting our corporate knowledge base before we do a general
announcement outside of the development teams.

On a project that is this active I would suggest you aim for quarterly
releases as optimal, or semi-annual as the minimum frequency.

Hi Bob,

This is my take on what has happened in the last month.

Andi mentions he would like to make a release and at the same time asks for updates to all the translations. For myself, I take a look at Andi's list of things to be completed for the release and the bugs list and see if there is anything I can contribute. I try to avoid making changes that would affect the internationalisation effort.

I don't think there has been much in the way of new stuff added to dokuwiki in the last month. Just a large effort to tidy/clean/fix up things which were outstanding.

I am not aware of any change list outside of the darcs patch list. Obviously it is extremely comprehensive. I am not sure if it is viewable at splitbrain.org. If not you can see it at my server, http://wiki.jalakai.co.uk/repo. Choose "codebase" and then the patches button. Apologies in advance if it is a little slow.

To get a more general idea of the additions, go to http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:develonly and click the backlink button. That should give you all the available documentation of functions marked develonly in Dokuwiki, which should be only those things added/modified since Mar 9, 2006.

If you search back in the mailing list you'll find comments from Andi and others on release frequencies.

Cheers,

Chris