[dokuwiki] Re: Google Summer of Code

  • From: "J.C." <j_hah@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 11:02:13 -0800 (PST)

----- Original Message ----
From: Michael Hamann <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Implement an Android or iPhone client for DokuWiki that allows offline
>  browsing and also editing a remote Wiki (e.g. using XML-RPC). Perhaps
>  using a tool that allows to create apps for multiple mobile platforms
>  might work, too. I don't expect that application to render DokuWiki
>  pages, perhaps it can do some basics for offline editing, but
>  basically it should use already rendered pages it gets using XML-RPC.

I can help mentor an Android app as long as someone else helps
define the scope of the project. For a GSOC project, it might be good
to start simple with something like an Android blogging application that
allows you to offline author and publish to a dokuwiki instance and then
build off of that going forward.