[dokuwiki] Re: Google Summer of Code

  • From: Dennis Plöger <develop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 23:10:44 +0100

Hi!

> But that means we would need to include the Zend Framework or at least
> parts of it in DokuWiki, right? I'm not against using external
> libraries, but they should be rather lightweight I think.

No. It's more the other way round: Include Dokuwiki libraries into the Lbows
dokuwiki module. Lbows would require its own instance and wouldn't be
integrated into Dokuwiki.

I would understand, though, if that isn't something you (= the Dokuwiki
community) would want. (A possible user would have to install Dokuwiki AND
lbows to get the functionality) However, it would drastically increase the
integration features of Dokuwiki.

> to use 10 completely different storage services or yet another hot Git
> Wiki, though imho this isn't the way DokuWiki should go.

Sure. But integrating a special storage only for one kind of service isn't good
coding in my eyes. What if - in two or three months - we think, that "Storage
type b" would be nice: we would write the same thing again.

> First of all here if you want to be mentor, if we should decide lbows is
> the way to go it would be cool if you could be available at least for
> questions concerning lbows or if you know Android/mobile platform
> application development you could also be mentor for that mobile
> application.

I could definitely be a lbows mentor, but I don't see myself as a mobile
mentor. I'd be happy to be a mobile tester, though. ;)

Kind regards

Dennis