[dokuwiki] Re: DW as a catch-all CMS?

  • From: Michael Klier <chi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 12:14:06 +0200

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 01:49:28AM -0400, Terence J. Grant wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi,

> Essentially I'd rather not have URLs prefaced with "wiki" as I'd say
> I'd be using DW more as a CMS instead, and a catch-all for other
> folders, if you see what I'm getting at.
>
> I have a vague idea of how I would do this via mod_rewrite (which I
> have available) passing an "id" parameter passed to /index.php, which
> would fetch from /wiki/doku.php, but I think my approach would be
> somewhat messy.
>
> Has anyone else done something like this before?

you don't need to install DokuWiki differently. All you have to do is use
mod_rewrite and the userewrite [1] configuration option. DokuWiki comes with a
.htaccess.dist file that contains all the necessary rules to make that work.
See also the rewrite page [2]. The only thing left up to you is to organize
your wiki using the desired namespaces [3], eg :blog :pictures etc.

HTH,
        Chi

[1] http://dokuwiki.org/config:userewrite
[2] http://dokuwiki.org/rewrite