[dokuwiki] Re: [DokuWiki][Patch] new event ACTION_XHTML_EXPORT

  • From: Michael Klier <chi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 11:49:38 +0200

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 11:08:38PM +0100, Christopher Smith wrote:

> On 26 Aug 2008, at 22:38, Andreas Gohr wrote:
> I'd go for one event and have the format information along with the
> output data.
>
> Say,
>
> ACTION_EXPORT_POSTPROCESS
> $event->data[0] = (string) format, e.g. 'xhtml' or 'odt'
> $event->data[1] = (string) output stream
>
> As Andi points out the alternative would mean action plugins
> registering to handle the events for every export format they can
> handle.  And having to do that on every page view, which could be a
> real lot of registering to handle the very occasional export.

Yeah, I agree, that's not desireable.

> Do the render plugins need to trigger the event?

No, I don't think so. It's enough to trigger the event in act_export(). In
fact the event is only needed for plugins which use TPL_ACT_RENDER to be also
able to produce output for the export function.

> Is it possible for the event be triggered in DokuWiki core after the
> export output has been generated?

I think so, though it requires some refactoring of act_export. I'll have
another look at it later today.

Regards,
        Chi

--