[dokuwiki] DW as a catch-all CMS?

  • From: "Terence J. Grant" <tjgrant@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 01:49:28 -0400

Hi all,

Is it possible to install DokuWiki in the root of a website structure like this:

.htaccess
/blog
/photos
/wiki
index.php

...but yet have URLs like this work:

http://example.com/blog (goes to blog folder)
http://example.com/photos (goes to photos folder)
http://example.com/anything/else (goes to DokuWiki with
id="anything/else", essentially a catch-all)

...?

Essentially I'd rather not have URLs prefaced with "wiki" as I'd say
I'd be using DW more as a CMS instead, and a catch-all for other
folders, if you see what I'm getting at.

I have a vague idea of how I would do this via mod_rewrite (which I
have available) passing an "id" parameter passed to /index.php, which
would fetch from /wiki/doku.php, but I think my approach would be
somewhat messy.

Has anyone else done something like this before?
--
--Terence J. Grant