[dokuwiki] Re: Content-dependent Purge/Cache

  • From: Chris Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 15:44:22 +0000

Samuele Tognini wrote:
Chris Smith ha scritto:
You need to update to devonly release (or a nightly). If you check back through mailing list you'll see a discussion on persistent/volatile metadata either in Nov or Dec[1]. iirc the last message will say when the patch to implement went into the dev version.

Yes, i saw it but when i've read Todd's mail i've hoped there was a trick with the stable release. About updating, since i'm releasing a plugin i'd prefer that it's compatible with the stable release.

That's up to you. Your on your own if you are making a work around for something I've already patched to overcome ;)

You may be able to do it as long as your metadata key is unique to your application, but you will need to find a suitable activation mechanism to remove your key. Possibly in the event for page saving.

My syntax plugin uses p_set_metatada to write the value (it was you who give me this tips, do you remember? :) ), and for what i've understand the support for metada rendering in syntax mode is not in the stable release.

Metadata rendering is supported in the stable release - unfortunately its only additive, at least as far as plugins are concerned. . Perhaps you misunderstood my tip or I didn't know fully what you were attempting. :)

So at this point my stupid question is:
When users will upgrade from 2006-11-06 to current devonly, will those already created plugin metadata values be delete in pages that do not contain my plugin instructions anymore using a no-persistent parameter?
basically no. iirc, the mailing list discussion describes the metadata conversion that is used to go from old to new systems. In making the patch (incl. the auto conversion) I attempted to prevent any breakage in existing behaviour. If in doubt, take a look at the code in the dev version. If you think something is broken, post a bug report or submit a patch to correct it.

Chris