[dokuwiki] Re: Content-dependent Purge/Cache

  • From: Tognini Samuele <samuele@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 10:59:05 +0100

Chris Smith wrote:

that not necessary as its all handled in devonly dw. I think Samuele's point is he would like to publish his plugin soon rather than wait or next DW release.

Chris
Not exactly.
Unfortunately i've already published it, but when i've started working on it, the discussion about the deleting metadata problem was not yet out (when it was out i was too busy and i lost it). And when you gave me the tip to use metadata in the render plugin, you're right, i've misunderstood you, but because i'm almost sure that the wiki page about metadata contained only the p_set_metada method. Naturally that was all my fault, so now that the damage is done my priority is to solve it in the better way. I don't think that my plugin will create big problems in the short term because its common utilization is on a single page so i could wait that devonly will be stable if it'll change that persistent metadata into a transient one. But you said that it could not do it, so i fear that in the long term this could lead to useless cache purging. I think i'll look better your devonly patch and eventually i'll implement your tip to delete the unused metadata in the IO_WIKIPAGE_WRITE event using the devonly routine mod, and i'll rewrite my plugin when devonly will be stable (or metada mechanism will change).
Do you think it could be ok? Or could you suggest me a better way?

Thanks for you support (Todd, thanks you too),

Samuele.