[dokuwiki] Re: Can one make a heading also a link?

  • From: Christopher Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 23:32:06 +0000
On 23 Feb 2010, at 21:37, Chris G wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 11:59:53AM -0600, Myron Turner wrote:
>>> <snip>
>>>

>> If you need links in headers, you should be able to write a small
>> syntax plugin which does the trick for you.  I haven't been
>> following too closely, but I seem to recall that you have
>> programming capabilities, so that shouldn't be too much trouble.
>> Post it to Dokuwiki plugins and it will be there for anyone else who
>> needs it.
>
> I may well do that, I have just found another case where I'd like to
> do it, I have a Diary/journal where I have entries like:-
>
>    ====23rd February 2010 - asked for a quote from <an insurance company>====
>    Description of result, links to E-Mails, etc.
>
> If I could make <an insurance company> a link to the insurance
> company's web site it would make things neater to my mind. So, yes,
> I'll certainly think about writing a plugin to do it.

Putting syntax into wiki headings is non-trivial due to the heading appearing
in the TOC, which brings in requirements to strip syntax from content and
somehow come up with a stable/repeatable mechanism for generating fragment
identifiers.  It might be easier to reorder your content.

In a diary/journal, the date is normally the heading.  The activity is the
description.  For headings to work well in the TOC they usually should be short
so they fit on one or maybe two lines.  For a list of companies with
descriptions/summaries, use a list (!) and put the name on the first line.

- Chris