[dokuwiki] Re: Can one make a heading also a link?

  • From: "Jerry Schwartz" <jschwartz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 10:15:39 -0500

[JS] I hadn't thought of it in those terms. That's not what I intended.

>Now *that*'s bad design. The TOC is expected to have another kind of
>functionality. Click a link, take you to a specific section in the document
>itself.

[JS] Understood. The problem arises when the specific section itself is a list
of links that is becoming quite long. Suppose the TOC has entries for
"Products", "Publishers", "Contract Negotiation". If I click on "Products",
I'm brought to the "Products" section. So far, so good: the "Publishers"
section is a list of links.

What happens when we have 200 publishers? The list of links itself becomes so
long that it takes significant scrolling to get to, say, "Yankee Magazine".
Even if I move the list of publishers to its own page, I still have the same
problem.

What would be a good design for this case?

Regards,

Jerry Schwartz
195 Farmington Ave.
Farmington, CT 06032