[dokuwiki-teams] Re: AW: Plugin PType 'stack'

  • From: Anika Henke <anika@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki-teams@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 01:17:51 +0000

On 17.11.2010 02:35, Luis Machuca B. wrote:
Matthias Schulte escribió:
So, no response from the other authors?
Nope.

As for a summarizing, here is what I found and based my devel notes on:

ptype=='stack' wraps the content generated by the plugin in a<div>  and
makes sure that a previous ongoing paragraph was terminated correctly[1][2].

No, PType 'stack' doesn't wrap anything in a div. It should be used if your plugin outputs any kind of block level elements (not just divs, but also tables, lists, blockquotes, etc) and can contain DokuWiki syntax with other block level elements.

Previous to 'Anteater' however, a bug made the parser wrap the whole<div>
in yet another<p>[3]. Such undue wrapping could cause plugins to generate
nonconformant XHTML code if they operated under the assumption that they
were generating ptype=='block'-type code; that, among other eventual faults.

Correct so far, except that "the whole <div>" should read "the whole plugin output".

I tried to summarize it as best as I could in that email and also on the devel:syntax_plugins page. But I think it's really hard to put into words in a way which is easy to understand.
Would anyone else like to try?

Thanks,
Anika