[disdads] Re: DIS Dad's and March Madness- March 21st

  • From: John Olson <jolson_97@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "disdads@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <disdads@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Mike Beecham <mbeech82@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 07:04:30 -0700 (PDT)

    Mike,

   I should be able to make it by 7pm.

Thanks,
John

________________________________
 From: Michael Beecham <mbeech82@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "disdads@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <disdads@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 8, 2013 10:35 PM
Subject: [disdads] Re: DIS Dad's and March Madness- March 21st

DIS Dad's,
     I believe I have found a suitable location for the March Madness watching
gathering on Thursday, March 21st.   Let's try McFadden's in Addison (4050 Belt
Line Road- between Midway and Marsh).  They seem to have the requisite number
of TV's and seems large enough to handle our group as well as others that will
be out for some hoop watching that night.
     Thought it might be interesting once we find out what games will be played
between 6pm and 10pm to put all of the teams playing in that slot in a drawing.
 When you arrive, your will be given an opportunity to draw a team out of a
hat.  If that team wins their game, you win a beer of your choice.
     Think of it.  You could show up and pull out a #1 Seed who plays the #16
seed and you are all but guaranteed a free beer. Not bad for just showing up!
     It appears they will be a total of 8 games played in that time frame
meaning a total of 16 teams.  If we don't get 16 DIS dad's to attend, then you
will be allowed to throw your team back in the hat and choose another team for
$1.
     Game times for the first set of games is likely to start 6-630 and the
second set of games 8-830.  Games usually last 90 minutes so we could be all
wrapped up by 10pm.
     So, now the time has come to see who took the advice and got their kitchen
pass stamped to watch some hoops on Thursday, March 21st for some comradery
with fellow DIS dads, watch some March Madness and as many as 8 of you enjoying
a free beer.
     My goal is to convince at least 16 of you to post.  We can still start
around 7pm  since the first games won't end until 730.  So, let's take our
first role call.  Who is with me?  You can just reply back to me directly and
let me know. and I'll send out an update here in about a week.

Mike Beecham
DIS Dad

________________________________
From: mbeech82@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: disdads@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [disdads] DIS Dad's and March Madness- March 21st
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 17:43:57 -0600

Hello DIS Dad's
     The esteemed Ernie Cote asked that I organize a little something for the
Dad's club in March.  And what better way to do that than watch the first night
of the NCAA College Basketball Tournament known as March Madness.
     The first real day of games takes place on Thursday, March 21st.  I figure
we can all saddle up on a bar stool somewhere pull out our office pool brackets
and watch some college hoops over a cold beer, cocktail or drink of choice.
Maybe even take it a step further and offer up a free drink of your choice for
anyone that gets all the games we watch that night correct on your office pool.
 Anything that creates a little extra drama for us.
      I still have to work out the details on a location but the way the games
usually flow we can target a 7pm start on March 21st.  For now, if you are
interested, be sure to get the evening set aside on your family social calendar
and secure your kitchen pass from you bride for the night and I'll fill in the
details as we get closer.  It should be a good time.

Mike Beecham- DIS Dad