[disdads] Re: DIS Dad's and March Madness- March 21st

  • From: Michael Beecham <mbeech82@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "disdads@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <disdads@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 22:35:46 -0600

DIS Dad's,     I believe I have found a suitable location for the March Madness
watching gathering on Thursday, March 21st.   Let's try McFadden's in Addison
(4050 Belt Line Road- between Midway and Marsh).  They seem to have the
requisite number of TV's and seems large enough to handle our group as well as
others that will be out for some hoop watching that night.     Thought it might
be interesting once we find out what games will be played between 6pm and 10pm
to put all of the teams playing in that slot in a drawing.  When you arrive,
your will be given an opportunity to draw a team out of a hat.  If that team
wins their game, you win a beer of your choice.       Think of it.  You could
show up and pull out a #1 Seed who plays the #16 seed and you are all but
guaranteed a free beer. Not bad for just showing up!     It appears they will
be a total of 8 games played in that time frame meaning a total of 16 teams.
If we don't get 16 DIS dad's to attend, then you will be allowed to throw your
team back in the hat and choose another team for $1.     Game times for the
first set of games is likely to start 6-630 and the second set of games 8-830.
Games usually last 90 minutes so we could be all wrapped up by 10pm.     So,
now the time has come to see who took the advice and got their kitchen pass
stamped to watch some hoops on Thursday, March 21st for some comradery  with
fellow DIS dads, watch some March Madness and as many as 8 of you enjoying a
free beer.     My goal is to convince at least 16 of you to post.  We can still
start around 7pm  since the first games won't end until 730.  So, let's take
our first role call.  Who is with me?  You can just reply back to me directly
and let me know. and I'll send out an update here in about a week.
Mike BeechamDIS Dad
From: mbeech82@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: disdads@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [disdads] DIS Dad's and March Madness- March 21st
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 17:43:57 -0600

Hello DIS Dad's     The esteemed Ernie Cote asked that I organize a little
something for the Dad's club in March.  And what better way to do that than
watch the first night of the NCAA College Basketball Tournament known as March
Madness.     The first real day of games takes place on Thursday, March 21st.
I figure we can all saddle up on a bar stool somewhere pull out our office pool
brackets and watch some college hoops over a cold beer, cocktail or drink of
choice.  Maybe even take it a step further and offer up a free drink of your
choice for anyone that gets all the games we watch that night correct on your
office pool.  Anything that creates a little extra drama for us.      I still
have to work out the details on a location but the way the games usually flow
we can target a 7pm start on March 21st.  For now, if you are interested, be
sure to get the evening set aside on your family social calendar and secure
your kitchen pass from you bride for the night and I'll fill in the details as
we get closer.  It should be a good time.
Mike Beecham- DIS Dad