[disdads] Re: DIS Dad's and March Madness- March 21st

  • From: "Jim Branham" <JBranham@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <disdads@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 08:46:30 -0500

Thanks for putting this together.

From: disdads-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:disdads-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Michael Beecham
Sent: Friday, March 22, 2013 8:31 AM
To: disdads@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [disdads] Re: DIS Dad's and March Madness- March 21st

Thanks everybody for coming out yesterday to watch some hoops.  John B.
you left before you could collect your beer for the Harvard shocking
upset.  Will just owe you for that.  Thanks again gents.

________________________________

From: mbeech82@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: disdads@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 15:49:13 -0500

Last chance DIS Dad's.  Tomorrow evening is the event.  I have 10
confirmed commitments listed below.  If we can get six more surprise
attendees I make my self appointed goal to have all 16 teams playing
tomorrow evening taken.  Again, if you are on the fence and want to
bring a friend/relative/neighbor that also might like a night out with
hoops, bring them along.  We have room.

I plan to post at McFadden's in Addison (4050 Belt Line Road- between
Midway and Marsh) at about 6 for the first game.  My mobile is
214-929-6283.  Feel free to call (actually text might me better since it
could be noisy) if you have questions or to announce your arrival time.

Come find me when you arrive and pick out your team name.  If you don't
like your team and their game has not started, you may pay $1 to throw
it back in for a new team.  As in all made up games of this sort, rules
may vary and are subject to change after I finish my second beer = ).

Looking forward to it.

Committed

Al Chia

Richard Hunt

Jim Branham

Mike Beecham

John Olson

Eric Corticchito

Bryan Young

Steve Hammond

Scott Flodin

Clint Swisher

________________________________

From: mbeech82@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: disdads@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 13:03:33 -0500

Let the madness begin!  Another reminder note of the upcoming gathering
at McFadden's in Addison (4050 Belt Line Road- between Midway and Marsh)
this Thursday.  Games that will be a part of the "win a beer" event are
as follows:

1 Louisville vs TBD 5:50pm

4 Michigan vs 13 South Dakota State 6:15pm

6 Arizona vs 11 Belmont 6:20pm

5 UNLV vs 12 California 6:27pm

8 Colorado State vs Missouri 8:20pm

5 Virginia Commonwealth vs 12 Akron 8:45pm

3 New Mexico vs 14 Harvard 8:50pm

4 Syracuse vs 13 Montana 8:57pm

You don't have to be there at the start of the early games but you will
have to be there before they end if you draw one of those teams from the
hat.  For example, you could show at a little after 7pm pull a name from
the hat and if it is Louisville and that game ends 10 minutes later, you
will have won your free beer.

First come first serve on drawing a name so the better you chances of
getting a high seed if you get there early.  We have 10 commitments so I
hope some of you are still kicking around the idea as we have room.  Let
me know if we have any late joiners by emailing me at
mbeech82@xxxxxxxxxxx.   Looking forward to it.

Mike Beecham

________________________________

From: mbeech82@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: disdads@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 15:36:13 -0500

With one week to go before the event we are half way (8) to the goal of
getting 16 people to the event.  Here is a new and improved offer for
those you you still on the fence.  Since this is just for fun and no
real DIS business is being conducted, bring a friend.  A co-worker, a
neighbor, a best buddy- doesn't matter.  If that gets you to the event,
all the better.

We will reserve the 16 teams for DIS Dad's but if we run short of dad's,
we can let in a few friends and still have some fun.  If this gets you
there, just remember to email me directly at mbeech82@xxxxxxxxxxx
letting me know and if you are dragging someone with you.  Let's focus
Gentlemen!  Game day is just a week away!

Mike Beecham

________________________________

From: mbeech82@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: disdads@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 16:57:33 -0500

Gentlemen,

    Early returns have us six strong commitments for the March Madness
"pick a team, win a beer" gathering.  Still need to get to that magical
16 or more so that all teams are taken.  Short of that, I will keep all
the remaining teams in the hat and win a lot of free beer and that does
not look like it would end well = ).

    So I am back to pimping the event.  If I get to 16 I come close to
matching pub crawl numbers and I think I win some sort of award for
that!  Go home tonight and get permission from the Mrs and let's build
this roster!  Again you can reply back to me directly at
mbeech82@xxxxxxxxxxx with questions or commitments.

Mike Beecham

Pick a Team, Win a Beer Inventor and Chairman (Probably should shorten
that name somehow)

________________________________

From: mbeech82@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: disdads@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 22:35:46 -0600

DIS Dad's,

     I believe I have found a suitable location for the March Madness
watching gathering on Thursday, March 21st.   Let's try McFadden's in
Addison (4050 Belt Line Road- between Midway and Marsh).  They seem to
have the requisite number of TV's and seems large enough to handle our
group as well as others that will be out for some hoop watching that
night.

     Thought it might be interesting once we find out what games will be
played between 6pm and 10pm to put all of the teams playing in that slot
in a drawing.  When you arrive, your will be given an opportunity to
draw a team out of a hat.  If that team wins their game, you win a beer
of your choice.

     Think of it.  You could show up and pull out a #1 Seed who plays
the #16 seed and you are all but guaranteed a free beer. Not bad for
just showing up!

     It appears they will be a total of 8 games played in that time
frame meaning a total of 16 teams.  If we don't get 16 DIS dad's to
attend, then you will be allowed to throw your team back in the hat and
choose another team for $1.

     Game times for the first set of games is likely to start 6-630 and
the second set of games 8-830.  Games usually last 90 minutes so we
could be all wrapped up by 10pm.

     So, now the time has come to see who took the advice and got their
kitchen pass stamped to watch some hoops on Thursday, March 21st for
some comradery  with fellow DIS dads, watch some March Madness and as
many as 8 of you enjoying a free beer.

     My goal is to convince at least 16 of you to post.  We can still
start around 7pm  since the first games won't end until 730.  So, let's
take our first role call.  Who is with me?  You can just reply back to
me directly and let me know. and I'll send out an update here in about a
week.

Mike Beecham

DIS Dad

________________________________

From: mbeech82@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: disdads@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [disdads] DIS Dad's and March Madness- March 21st
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 17:43:57 -0600

Hello DIS Dad's

     The esteemed Ernie Cote asked that I organize a little something
for the Dad's club in March.  And what better way to do that than watch
the first night of the NCAA College Basketball Tournament known as March
Madness.

     The first real day of games takes place on Thursday, March 21st.  I
figure we can all saddle up on a bar stool somewhere pull out our office
pool brackets and watch some college hoops over a cold beer, cocktail or
drink of choice.  Maybe even take it a step further and offer up a free
drink of your choice for anyone that gets all the games we watch that
night correct on your office pool.  Anything that creates a little extra
drama for us.

      I still have to work out the details on a location but the way the
games usually flow we can target a 7pm start on March 21st.  For now, if
you are interested, be sure to get the evening set aside on your family
social calendar and secure your kitchen pass from you bride for the
night and I'll fill in the details as we get closer.  It should be a
good time.

Mike Beecham- DIS Dad