[directmusic] Re: wav tracks, a pain... solutions?

  • From: "Ciaran Walsh" <ciaran@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 15:02:32 -0000

>>Maybe it isn't something that I should be overly concerned about in
game....even so i come back to the old problem of how to stop one wav one
and go into the next at a any given time.  It's such a pain to get it to not
cut off instantly.
<<

>>I'm using secondary segments containing CC Track volume fades for all my
track switching. Wouldn't that do what you need?
<<

Just to clarify what I meant here - if you want to stop SegA at the next
measure and start SegB but you want an overlap between the two, you can
trigger SegAFadeOut AtMeasure which contains a CC Track on the relevant
pChannel to do a short fade out and a script track with a stopper for SegA
after however long your fade is. If you play SegB AtMeasure as well you
should get your overlap. The track in SegB needs to be on a different
pChannel of course and I suppose that they would need to be Secondary
Segments for this to work, but that shouldn't be a problem. All my streaming
wav Segments are Secondary Segments running on top of a Primary Segment that
just has the Chord track and a few other bits and pieces.