[directmusic] Re: Survey

  • From: "Scott Morgan" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 18:11:01 -0800

Yeah, I bet his in game memory usage was no more than a couple of megs!  The
X-Box only has 64 MB of RAM in the first place if I remember...

DMP stupidly loads everything into memory no matter if its streaming or not.

My voice meter can get up to 64 after a while, but usually I'm somewhere
between 5-45 voices.

I think I'm getting laxer and laxer about that since there have been no
complaints from the dev team even when I ask, "How am I doing? I'm using
more CPU now..".

My DLS RAM memory usage caps at 11MB, the team has been pretty generous with
me.  It's orchestral so I really need as much as I can get.  If it was
techno I would prolly be fine with 6MB or less even.

-Scott Morgan
http://Morganstudios.com