[directmusic] Script Weirdness II

  • From: "Kenneth Young" <kcmyoung@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 23:37:18 -0000

Hey folks,

Things have been quiet around here recently; I hope everyone is doing ok?!!

My script has been getting rather obese recently, and I found that I had
reached a limit on its size.
So, I've begun converting my project into multiple scripts (oh joy unbound).

I've found that passing a variable to another script, where that variable is
then being checked by an if statement, results in this error:

<0001> Script error in script.spp, line 244
<0001> Microsoft AudioVBScript Runtime Error: Type Mismatch: the condition of
an if statement did not evaluate to a numeric True/False value
<0001> Error Code: 0x88781224

My solution to this is to call a subroutine in the destination script which
"manually" changes the variable.
Whilst this solves the problem, and I have everything working, I was wondering
if I was missing something fundamental?

Cheers,

Kenny