[directmusic] Q's

  • From: "Paul Stroud" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "DirectMusic List" <directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 11:36:34 -0000

Hello people,

I have a couple of questions if any of you have the time

1). How can I implement compression? Particularly mp3 and ogg vorbis

I have Wavelab, but still can't encode to MP3 in DMP. I thought that WL
would have installed the codecs. No? I think I found one line in the help
file of DMP, but that wasn't particularly helpful, although I now think I
know why I can't encode - I just don't know how I can.

I also need to be sure that the user will be able to play it - error
messages would look very bad to say the least.

2). Is there any advantage in setting a variable to an audiopath, and then
using that variable to declare the path used in a .play method?

i.e.

Set oAudioPathVari = Audiopath1.create
segment1.play IsPrimary, oAudiopathVari

as opposed to...

segment1.play IsPrimary, Audiopath1.create

3). What scenarios would you embed components in a script and when would you
reference? Does embedded components get loaded into RAM when the script is
loaded? How does this affect wave streaming?

Thank you to anyone that can help

Paul