[directmusic] Re: Hi.

  • From: "Bjorn Lynne" <bjorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 11:09:10 +0100

> I need a little more help understanding DirectMusic.
> I have created in the DirectMusic producer a segment file and a DLS file.
> However, I don't know how to use the tracks in the segment to play the
instrument I created in the DLS file.

We have all been there. When I first looked at DirectMusic producer, I had
no clue how to make a sound with it. Words like Segment, Style, etc. meant
nothing to me.

I think your best way forward is to look at the demo material supplied with
it, and read the online help (press F1) which is pretty good.

--
Bjorn Lynne - Composer, Producer, Sound Designer
Main music site: www.lynnemusic.com