[directmusic] Re: Hi.

  • From: "Scott Morgan" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <directmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 19:47:15 -0500

Maybe you should look at the playaudio example in the SDK.  Make sure there
are notes and instrument references in the segment file using DirectMusic
Producer.  I don't think you can add any notes in programmatically.  You can
generate notes programmatically, but you can't modify the segment's notes
until they are being played (done with a tool)

Load the segment and then 'download' it so it loads the dls data.  There is
no need to download the dls collection directly in most cases.  When you
download the segment, the DirectMusic engine looks at the segment's bands to
see which instruments (and their ranges) are being used and downloads the
proper sound data.

Guys, correct me if I'm wrong about not being able to edit a segment's
notes.

-Scott Morgan
http://Morganstudios.com