[delphizip] Re: Zipping using XP CD-R support fails

  • From: "Andrus" <eetasoft@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 10:39:46 +0300

Russell Peters,

thank you for reply.

> Your problem may be the choice of destination for the temporary file
(later
> versions have a TempDir property)

I set always    .TempDir  to windows temporary directory in my code. So it
seems than the problem is not there.

> I know I have made spanned archives on A drive with XP (but only with
recent
> versions).

Backup to drive A: works OK in one of XP desktop computer. If works very
slowly to A:  Last 20% takes
30 minutes or more. It did not work to A: in one XP HP omnibook notebook
which is not avalable for testing now. I own also this type notebook and it
is possible to insrtall XP to it to try to reproduce this (currenty it as
W2K). However, I'm concentrating to CD-R zipping problem.

When I set the property     .AddDiskSpan = .t.  when zipping to CD-R disk,
the error is  a bit different :

.FullErrCode : 0x00000000
.ErrCode : 0x00002B01
.Message : Creation of output file failed

> What version is your ZipMaster ?

I'm using ZipMaster through free ActiveX wrapper (ocx file, no source code)
available in my website www.eetasoft.ee/zipmaster.htm  Zipmaster  OCX
author, PC Magazine editor wrote that he can give out his source code.
Unfortunately, I havent got responses for my latest emails to him. It was
some years ago when Chris was alive.  I downloaded zipmaster ocx from German
PC Magazine web site. Resource hacker was used to change this ocx messages
to english.

Its    .VersionInfo property  returns    1.52 M

I cannot use later versions since I don't have Delphi, I don't have
knowledge how to use Delphi  (I'm a FoxPro programmer) and don't know how to
make ocx file from ZipMaster.

> Some of the changes I plan to make to ZipDll would probably help remove
this
> problem (if destination is CD (or Removable?), ensure internal temporary
> directory is not destination (make it Window - temp) and force make
> temporary file.

Since I set .TempDir property always so I'm not sure this solves the
problem.
I tried to use the dll files from newdll.zip .
Zip creation causes errors like  file not matched *.dbf  for all my
.FSpecArgs  patterns and no zip file is produced.

Must I try to use your newest dll files ?
Can you remove Easy CD Creator and try XP CD-R support (Easy CD creator is
not required for XP) ?

Andrus Moor