[delphizip] Re: Size of new DelphiZip dll

  • From: "R.Peters" <russellpeters@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 17:48:30 +1100

I have been trying to run it under Parallels workstation but it too is way
too slow to do anything constructive - I can only give it 780 Meg but the
minimum apparently is 1 Meg (there must be getting a lot of unhappy people
out there).
I did dual boot to Vista RC2 but had to change the other hard drive and lost
the boot setup - their new boot seems to allow a lot but I could not fix it
unless I could boot into Vista (no doubt some decent tools not using .Net
will appear in the future).

The early tests showed the unsigned dll worked ok at user level but I lost
the drive in the middle of deeper testing and after all the boot hassles I
removed it instead of installing it again (after it tried to repair itself
reinstall was only option).

I had hoped some of those prompts had been removed but it appears not - a
web application accessing the clipboard is, or can be, dangerous but surely
there is something in the numerous security settings.
I get the impression that it will be rather unfriendly to non-.NET programs
and I suspect particularly so to dynamically loaded dlls - time will tell.

- Russell Peters