[ddots-l] Re: transfering files

  • From: "Craig Spencer" <craigspencer2.0@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 06:50:43 -0400

Hi everyone,

I am preparing my cakewalk projects that are on my laptop to be transferred to
my new DAW.

What is the difference between saving a project as a "CWB" file and saving the
project in its own folder where the project's audio and the CWP would reside
(per project folder)?

I know I should have done this from the beginning but I didn't.

Also, on the laptop, the samples for softsynths were on the same hard drive as
the OS. ON the new DAW, they are going to be on a separate drive.  Would
Cakewalk be able to find the softsynth for older projects done on the laptop
that would be transferred to the DAW?

And finally, I have tweaked some effect presets is there a way to save the
tweaked presets on to a removable drive to transfer to the DAW?

BTW, I will be going from Sonar 6.2 producer to 7.0 producer

Thanks for your time.

I cried because I had no shoes
                                               until I met a man who had no
feet.