[ddots-l] sonar 5.2 problems

  • From: "Phil Halton" <philhalt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ddots-l" <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 23:30:48 -0500

when I upgraded from sonar4 to 5.2, everything worked fine. But, today I noticed that under the folders tab of the global options menu, many of the folders were set to use sonar4's installation. Including templates, sample content and the like-very few were set to use sonar5 installation. Well, I figured this was wrong and set all folders to sonar5 version.

first thing I noticed upon opening sonar again was that the screen looked different-the tracks pane was alotted only about a quarter of the screen, and the other pane(I think its the clips pane) took up the rest of the screen. More important than what it looks like-ct didn't work right. That is, when I tried to navigate tracks, it would tell me I forgot to refresh the screen regardless of whether I did or not. It just wouldn't navigate right. Is this a bug in CT? when I switched back my folders everything worked ok again. Seems like the templates in the sonar5 folders aren't the same as in sonar4, and ct can't deal with them.

Any ideas-any suggestions?