[ddots-l] Re: soft synths that ship with sonar 8.5 and questions on dimension pro

  • From: Steve Matzura <sm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 11:46:13 -0500

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 15:21:25 -0000, you wrote:

>Phil replied: your fine to start Sonar 8 with that icon as that will start
>Sonar 8.3.172.  You will have a separate icon for Sonar 8.5 and in spite of
>the confusion with regard to the Sonar 8.5 download, you have 2 versions of
>Sonar on your system.  Sonar 8, obviously updated to Sonar 8.3.172, and
>Sonar 8.5 which, you may have updated to Sonar 8.5.1.  Mind you, that will
>be changing soon too as according to an E-mail that I received from
>Cakewalk, there will be a Sonar 8.5.2 patch out soon.

Righto!  Just wanted to make sure, as the instructions that came with
CT8.5 differ wildly from the procedures I followed to install the 8.5
distro that came in the package.  The documentation needs reviewing
and updating, lest those less savvy get caught in the middle and do
not know which procedure is correct.  I got lucky, but it could've
gone the other way jut as easily if I'd chosen the "RTFM" path and did
what it said.

So now I have two Sonars, one of which works, one of which maybe works
after having files in support directories replaced with newer
versions.  What a mess!  Oh well, it's only disk space.